|Job Ref:||204804374||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Watford||Address:||Post Code:||NN6||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum Laptop, Mobile Phone etc||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Reporting to: Group IT & Marketing Manager|
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Additional Benefits: Laptop and mobile phone
Hours: 8:30am - 5:30pm
- To provide a help desk facility for urgent and on-going problems and to provide systems
advice and support to 75+ users
- The post holder's initial major task is to understand how systems work, to reach a level
of competence to be able to support those systems as an individual
- Knowledge of Access databases and SQL is not essential but is desirable. Candidates
would be expected to learn those systems.
- To undertake daily IT tasks and provide first line support: First point of contact i.e.
logging calls, escalating, maintaining and organising the help-desk system. Managing
communications and keeping users informed of progress.
- Providing computing support to the company. This includes giving advice on Microsoft
Office Suite, local software installations, printers, as well as general computing support
across the whole of the organisation. Answering queries from all levels of staff on the
telephone or by email; these queries range from simple questions to more complex
requests that need research and investigation, as well as urgent requests that need
- To audit IT equipment/software and create and maintain the database of computers, for
identifying computers, IP addresses, serial numbers, locations etc. This database needs
to be able to produce accurate information for maintenance, license compliance and
asset renewal planning.
- Setting up new computers, or upgrading the operating system on existing computers,
installing standard Microsoft products, anti-virus, online backups other programmes.
- Some networking and cabling of computers and printers, allocating a free Internet
Protocol (network) address, entering the computer details in the IT database, and
registering all hardware and software with vendors.
- Fault finding computer hardware and operating system faults; this can involve dealing
with the problem at the person's desk, over the network or by having the machine in the
office. If the problem is diagnosed as broken hardware then liaising with the
maintenance company to get it repaired.
- Ensure continuous service of servers, outlook & shared folders and files
- Design, create and maintain various group websites
- Liaise with the outside IT support
- Carry out backups
- Work with IT Manager in purchasing IT hardware and software for the company.
- Continually work with IT Manager to improve business working processes, looking for
SMART ways to reduce both overall costs and efficiencies within the role.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related subjects (E)
- MCP certification (D)
- A good working knowledge of PC operating systems, particularly 7/8 is essential and in
particular their installation and configuration. (E)
- A good understanding of MS Windows OS (Server & Client), MS Exchange, Anti-Virus
Management (e.g. Sophos), Wi-Fi / Routers, MS Access, Network Infrastructure (E)
- An understanding of systems backups and recovery. (E)
- Ability to produce written communications (e.g. training documents) which are clear and
- A good understanding of Opera (Accounting software), EPOS systems / hardware (D)
- Building, upgrading, installation and configuration experience of desktop pc's, laptops,
printers, mobile phones, tablets, modems. (E)
- Ability to quickly identify problems with a view to providing a fast first time fix. (E)
WordPress, and browsers (E)
- Cyber Security (E)
- Strong sense of urgency combined with close attention to detail. (E)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/activities seamlessly within a fast paced