|Job Ref:||204804524||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||St. Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
* Are you an expert when it comes to DevOps and all things Linux?
* Have you experienced running production services in the Cloud?
* Does the thought of Continuous Delivery make you feel warm inside?
If you're the person who answered "Yes" to all three questions, then this DevOps Engineer position might be the one for you. Working for one of the world's largest online-only retailers, you will be working with their highly optimised systems on a daily basis, ensuring these systems are available 24/7. If you're a pro when it comes to CI/CD, config management and VCS tools, scripting in at least one dynamic language, then you could be the best DevOps Engineer this company has seen!
What will you gain from this DevOps Engineer position?
* A salary of up to £65,000, working for a real game changer in the online-only retail market
* Working with ground-breaking tech on a regular basis as part of a team who are as passionate about software as you are
* Offices based in Hertfordshire with great rail links to central London provide a nice change of pace to the dreary inner-city offices that you dread working in
What are they looking for in you?
* Expert knowledge of CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, config management in the form of Chef or Puppet, and version control with Git, Mercurial or SVN- automation is king!
* Knowledgeability is key here- knowing how to write a Bash one-liner, but also knowing when not to!
* Fluent with Linux and at least one dynamic language- we're talking Python, Perl or Ruby ideally- and with experience of the Cloud, i.e with AWS or the Google Cloud
Your day-to-day duties:
* Improving every possible aspect of their systems while ensuring automated restoration of versioned configurations to deal with any unexpected problems
* Constantly improving and fixing systems to ensure they are available 24/7- this means failover or self-healing set-ups, as well as introducing automation as and where needed
* Grow this company's DevOps practice by bridging development, Ops and QA, keeping up to date with the newest tech and contributing to Open Source communities whenever possible
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, don't waste time- apply now