|Job Ref:||204804888||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum + Bonus + Good Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Networking or Storage Specialist, designing complex integrated solutions. My client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire are looking for an Solutions Specialist to specialise in Networking or Storage. You must have:|
• Significant experience of providing Tier-3 support covering complex: Incident, Problem and Change Management.
• Significant experience in designing complex integrated technology solutions.
• Broad knowledge of IT and communications services and technologies.
• Experience in defining and implementing design, build and operational standards.
• Experience of developing technology and service plans. Including the production of white papers and business cases.
• Experience of implementing and developing support systems and tools: Monitoring, Management, Automation.
• End user device support and configuration: PC, Printer, Mobile.
• Microsoft Operating Systems
• Active Directory and Domain management
• Security Technologies: Access control, Threat Management, AV, Content Filtering, IPS, DDOS.
• Network Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN.
• Server Technologies: Microsoft Server, Virtualisation.
• Storage Technologies: SAN architecture, Backup.
• UC Technologies: IP voice, Collaboration.
In depth technical knowledge (including recognised industry or supplier certification) in at least one of the following:
• Network Technologies: LAN/WLAN/WAN. Preferably Cisco, Juniper, or Dell.
• Storage Technologies: SAN architecture. Preferably Dell EqualLogic or EMC
You will be responsible for the complex: design, deployment, and support of IT and communications solutions for external and internal customers. Covering: customer solutions, shared infrastructure and internal IT infrastructure and services. Role involves:
• Provide pre-sales support to define integrated technical solutions in line with customer requirements. Produce, or assist in the production of high level designs and technical inputs to proposals.
• Where required, take on a design lead role for specific bids or projects that ensures that individual technical designs for solutions integrate seamlessly to deliver customer requirements. This may require co-ordination of design input from internal teams, partners and 3rd parties.
• Produce technology specific, and solution based detailed designs.
• Complete the complex aspects of building, deploying and testing components, platforms and solutions.
• Produce and maintain standard templates for design, build, and testing.
• Provide Teir-3 technical support for: Internal IT, Shared Infrastructure and customer solutions. Act as the co-ordination point across internal teams, partners and 3rd parties to resolve complex issues. Covering: Incident, problem and change management.
• Investigate, evaluate, review and document new technologies and services, including attending appropriate seminars and conferences