|Job Ref:||204804979||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||North London||Address:||Post Code:||N1||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum DOE||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
IT Director / Head of IT - EDUCATION SECTOR / NETWORK / INFRASTRUCTURE / LEADERSHIP|
Our Client, a prestigious long running Coeducation School that supports student between the ages of 3 to 18, are urgently looking for an experienced IT Director to manage the school`s IT department, comprising of the following functional teams: AV, Desktop Services, Infrastructure, Product Management and SIMS Management. This is a permanent position based in North London that requires a flexible individual with a can do attitude and someone that is looking for long term prospects and scope.
The position will be best suited to an inspirational leader that is able to provide the strategic leadership and operational management of IT services across the School. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering IT strategy aligned to business plans as described in the School Development Plan and for ensuring the continued safe, secure, reliable and performant delivery of IT services to the user community. In particular, the School is looking to adopt digital solutions and increase automation of business processes to improve efficiency wherever possible.
In addition, the successful candidate will be an IT professional with extensive experience within a management position, with strong staff management expertise and with the `people skills` to inspire, motivate and challenge. This role will suit individuals with a strong IT technical background seeking to apply that knowledge to providing business facing solutions and services to a demanding and varied user community.
- Develop technology roadmaps and technical strategy to keep the Schools IT services up to date, secure and performant.
- Provide guidance and direction to the ICT Steering Group to continue to develop and implement an IT strategy to support the School Development Plan.
- Develop investment plans and a project roadmap to deliver controlled and planned change into the technical architecture.
- Identify and deliver creative solutions to improve automation of business processes and deliver operational efficiencies across the organisation.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand and facilitate the adoption of new and innovative solutions to enhance the learning environment.
- Deliver services that are scalable and flexible to enable commercial growth within the IT function.
- Provide line management to the staff and teams within IT.
- Provide support, through objective setting, appraisal and the agreement of personal development plans, to all direct reports.
- Ensure that the objectives of team members are meaningful and in line with strategy and the School Development Plan.
- Manage and review IT projects at all levels with a particular responsibility for projects with high business impact.
- In partnership with team members identify areas of potential development as well as areas of potential business risk.
- Develop and implement day-to-day budgetary management and monitoring procedures for in-year expenditure, reporting to the Bursar as necessary.
- Hold delegated responsibility for Data Protection policies and practice throughout the Foundation.
- Hold delegated responsibility for appropriate legislation and compliance for example in terms of intellectual property, copyright etc.
- Ensure full compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and good practice of all those working within the departments.
- Ensure all IT policies and procedures are updated and developed to ensure their consistent application across the Foundation.
- Remain up-to-date with developments in IT and keeping abreast of relevant legislation.
- Extensive and demonstrably successful professional experience in IT.
- Proven experience of leading and managing teams.
- A strong background in developing, planning and implementing projects to deliver technology based solutions/services.
- Hands on knowledge of technologies used in a typical environment (e.g. firewalls, networking, data security, SAN, VM, MIS)
- Demonstrable understanding/ conceptual knowledge of software applications, web technology, network operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills with evidence of establishing effective communication within teams.
- Strong people management and leadership skills and experience.
- Project management skills/ability to successfully plan, implement and lead complex projects including planning for future growth.
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- The ability to manage a diverse workload within tight deadlines.
- Flexible with a `can-do` approach.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key staff across the Foundation.
- Ability to understand and adapt to the culture of an independent day school.
- Highly motivated and target-driven
- Diplomacy and tact. Common sense and a good sense of humour.
- An exemplary attendance record in past and present employment.
If you have the above skill set and would like more information on this role, please send your CV
PTS is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list