|Job Ref:||204805144||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newbury||Address:||Post Code:||BA11||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum + Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this Oracle DBA will play an intrinsic role in the successful delivery and performance of Oracle Databases within our client's core ERP product. There is a focus on redundancy and performance for the customers, so knowledge of RAC, Data Guard, ACFS and ASM are all important for this role.|
Our client is a market leader in the development and provision of ERP solutions for the wholesale and retail sectors and is looking for an Oracle Database Administrator to join their team.
The main duties and responsibilities for the Oracle Database Administrator are:
• Installation and configuration of Oracle Database System
• Pre-Sales advice for database architectural design, working with a variety of customers and including primary systems, clustered architecture and DR facilities
• To maintain high availability and ensure robust DR procedures.
• Analyse and improve processes around the Oracle Database and the underlying operating system (Microsoft or UNIX/Linux)
• Resolve issues relating to the Oracle Database and the underlying operating system
• To review and build best practices around Oracle installations in conjunction with other sites
• Select and implement tools to provide proactive monitoring of Managed Services to customers
This is a great company to work for. It works very closely with its customers throughout the whole software lifecycle - roadmap, delivery and post implementation support. Customers are loyal and its market reputation continues to strengthen.
Skills, Experience and Knowledge required for the Oracle Database Administrator
• Oracle Certified Professional (Database Administration 11g or 12c)
• Proven experience managing Oracle Database including design, installation and troubleshooting
• Extensive experience working in a customer focused in a service orientated environment
• Experience of analysing, identifying and resolving database issues, ideally for a software vendor
• Experience of working with RAC, Data Guard, ACFS and ASM
• Salary c£50K
• Excellent benefits package including - Gym membership, Pension (2% employee contribution and 7% Employer contribution), Critical Illness, Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Child Care Vouchers
• Location: Nr Newbury Berkshire
Oracle, 11g, 12c, Database Administrator, DBA Installation, Implementation, pre-sales, DR, high availability, cluster, DBA, Newbury, Berks, Berkshire, Swindon, Wiltshire, Wilts