|Job Ref:||204805480||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Fareham||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Salary:||£500 - £550/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join a leading company with a large portfolio of projects. |
5 months project with possibility of extensions. Experience of working on significant projects modernising systems and it's service.
Our client is boarding on a major multi-year programme of work to modernise its systems and services. To effectively manage the new Systems & Services they require an increased Service Operations Management (SOM) capability (people, process & tools) based on ITIL to minimise operational cost, predict and manage failures and improve overall quality of service delivered to its business and customers.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibility of this role will be to identify and elicit the functional and non functional requirements for the new Service Operations Management tool.
This role will carry out analysis of current systems to understand key functionality that needs to be maintained, as well as running workshops to elicit additional requirements for the new solution that will advance the efficiency and quality of the services provided.
In order to gather requirements for the new solution, it is expected that this role will interface with all teams across the Service Operations function. They will also work closely with other analysts and project teams across the programme to ensure the solution aligns with the new operating model, processes and data flows.
* Functional and Non Functional Requirements Elicitation
* Requirements Analysis and User Story generation,
* Sizing requirements from epic to user story level for an agile based delivery approach
* Proven experience of requirements analysis including both functional and non-functional
* Proven experience coordinating requirements from across multiple systems
* Proven experience of requirements capture tools e.g. Jira, TFS, Rally, DOORS.
* Knowledge of Service Management Operations and/or ITSM Tools
* Ability to lead and facilitate business requirements sessions
* Ability to elicit detailed requirements to be consumed by a team of developers
* Attention to detail and problem solving
* Strong communication skills, technical and business writing skills
* Knowledge / Experience of discovery and monitoring tools
* Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM
* Experience of working with the ITIL framework
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK