|Job Ref:||204805514||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Post Code:||BN1||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Our client are the main contractor on a major framework agreement for one of the UK's largest public entities.|
They are currently looking to recruit an IT Service Delivery Manager to be based in the Central Lancashire area. The Main Purpose of the role will be to:
Deliver quality and coherent IT Solutions through vision and strategy, leadership and operational planning
* Developing a Service Acceptance Strategy across projects and change initiatives, with buy-in from the business
* Driving the overall strategy, delivery and ongoing evolution of Service Delivery in line with industry best practice, providing leadership to the IT function and coaching/nurturing a services culture.
* As a member of the IT Leadership team, providing insight into IT Service Management strategy development, staff development, and operational effectiveness.
* Ensuring the people, processes and tools are in place to meet the needs of Change & Configuration Management
* Ensuring the people, process and tools are in place and are effectively managing Incident, Problem and Request management
* Producing and communicating Management Information relating to service performance
* Establishing and driving staff and service provider performance to develop end-to-end SLAs and building a culture of service management excellence and continuous improvement shared by all.
* Responsible for ensuring that the operation of technology services from internal and external technology / service providers are effective and efficient, including total cost of ownership
* Monitoring internal and external supplier performance, ensuring sufficient governance is in place to do so.
* Internal / External
* Senior management team
* Operations Team
* Other Support Functions
* Significant experience in an IT Services Environment, likely as a Service Delivery Manager.
* Knowledge and/or experience in using, defining, deploying ITIL processes
* Evidence of leading in a technology service operation, including prior management experience in at least one service management/line area (service design, delivery, operations, improvement, applications, infrastructure, end-user services, networks)
* Experience of managing services through outsourced contracts
* Experience in managing multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, including management/exec level
* Significant experience in managing multiple issues, problems and work streams, with a clear ability to prioritise.
* Service focussed, able to understand internal/external client needs and how to support them.
* Experienced Service Delivery Manager in an outsourced environment
* Deployment of ITIL best practice model - people, process, technology
Training & Qualifications
* ITIL Foundation or clear demonstrable experience and understanding in the field of ITSM
* ITIL Practitioner
* Highly developed communication skills are required to influence and negotiate internally and externally, as a representative of company across the business and industry.
* Ability to motivate and drive excellence through clear, effective direction, delegation and decision making.
* Lead and inspire a culture of collaborative working amongst internal and external stakeholders which deliver improved business outcomes. Identify and exploit opportunities for practical relationship improvement and ensure that planning and procedure recognises and achieves joint benefit.
* Provide clear direction to influence and negotiate, internally and externally, across the business and industry.
* Realise organisational goals by implementing strategies, producing solutions through a variety of approaches and embracing innovation.
* Plan resources effectively in accordance with the strategic goals to ensure effective delivery of the company contracts and monitor, ensuring milestones and targets are met.
* Through the use of available technology, review and analyse complex or conflicting data, identify root causes and implement best practise across the company contracts.
* Ensure compliance, promote commitment to internal and external requirements and encourage evaluation.
* Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through sound commercial decisions and value for money.
* Be aware of company Health & Safety policy and procedures, ensure best practise within additional Works processes and manage compliance across company.
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of best practise from across the industry and implement within the company policies and procedures.
Carbon60 is a specialist in providing flexible and cost effective engineering and technical people solutions on a global scale. We connect the best industry professionals to dynamic businesses. Our people improve your organisation by delivering process, productivity and cost efficiencies.
Our core markets include Industrial Engineering and New Build, Energy, Construction, Telecoms, FM and other associated industries.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency