|Job Ref:||204805603||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SQL DBA to join our fast past IT department based at our Liverpool office. The role has become available due to rapid business growth. If successful you will have exposure to cutting edge technologies and extensive training and support throughout your career with Police Mutual. |
As a SQL DBA you will have responsibility as part of the team to ensure a modern and stable data platform is available during a period of exciting organisational growth. The role is an excellent opportunity to further your career within IT and Financial Services. Police Mutual is at the cutting edge of Microsoft technologies with roadmaps including the adoption of Azure and of SQL Server 2016. You will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in this process and to contribute to the adoption of the latest technologies to enable the business to achieve its full potential.
In this role you will...
• Make sure the data plat form aligns to the corporate build standards.
• Proactively tuning the data platform environment to ensure performance is maintained to the highest level.
• Monitor data platform automation.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line data platform support.
• Maintaining data security within a financial services environment to the relevant regulatory standards.
You will need to demonstrate...
• Significant SQL Server 2008 or later versions in multiple server, large scale production environments.
• Excellent backup and restore skills including point of time recovery
• Strong knowledge of T-SQL
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
In return we provide a great working environment together with a comprehensive training and induction programme. We offer a fantastic Employee Benefits package including; a competitive salary complemented by 23 days holiday (this increases in service) plus bank holidays ;life assurance; private healthcare PLUS flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, discounts on financial products and consumer goods