|Job Ref:||204805848||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
IT TECHNICIAN |
We are looking for a IT Technician to join a growing team in Plymouth.
The business is looking to expand and improve its internal IT systems, including:
* The roll out of a new Warehouse Management System (WMS).
* Ongoing Improvements to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet functionality (Visual Basic).
* Improvements to the internal intranet system. Dreamweaver, SQL Database & ASP.
* Future proofing and updating IT infrastructure.
The role will allow the chosen candidate to be a central part of these projects alongside the existing IT team, working alongside the Directors to realise the IT vision for the company.
SAGE 50 Accounting package is an essential part of the business. The candidate must have a good understanding of the running/maintenance/security of the software and data. Candidates without relevant experience in this area (or equivalent software) will not be considered.
Day to day IT maintenance, problem solving and staff requirements:
* Installing hardware and software systems, including Office and Adobe.
* Setup of email accounts. Microsoft Exchange,
* Maintaining or repairing equipment.
* Maintenance and recovery of server and network structure. Windows 2012 server. TCP/IP.
* Data security and safeguarding of data & backups.
* Troubleshooting a variety of computer issues. Including printers, scanners and other peripherals. Also inside an industrial environment.
* Talking to providers/supplier to get details of faults.
* Working out the reasons for a fault and explaining these to the wider team.
* Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems.
* Testing and servicing equipment.
* Recording problems and their solutions for future reference.
* Training staff on new systems or software applications.
* Mac / PC troubleshooting.
* Internal Telephone systems.
If you think this could be of interest to you please apply and i will be in contact with more details