|Job Ref:||204805886||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Code:||OX16||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:20|
Senior Systems Engineer |
Property Software Group is the UK`s leading and largest software supplier to property professionals, and is part of ZPG Property Services with core brands including Zoopla, PrimeLocation and uSwitch.
With two of the leading cloud-based software products on the market: Jupix and Alto, Property Software Group have been experts in building innovative property software for over 25-years, and continue to set the standards. With well-known brands including Vebra, CFP and Encore, together with ground-breaking software brands Jupix, Alto, MoveIT and My Property File, Property Software Group continue to deliver stand-out features to support the ongoing growth of property agents.
Position: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Adderbury, Oxfordshire (near Banbury) (with Home working)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
The Senior Systems Engineer will be working within a small team providing engineering and support across a multitude of technologies including, Windows, Linux, VMware, AWS, Azure, Office 365 and related messaging technologies. The candidate will support cloud infrastructure platforms as well as internal IT systems.
The environment is predominantly Amazon Web Services using both windows and Linux but the role will involve exposure to private cloud services (VMWare at present, likely also Hyper-V in the future). This role is crucial to ensure they have the highest quality delivery of their products, that it is scalable and most of all reliable.
- Designing, Delivering and Managing IT Infrastructure Solutions.
- Supporting end users and working on projects from Desktop, SaaS, and Datacentre to Cloud based solutions.
- System maintenance and management including day to day support for all Windows Server, Storage, Application Delivery, Messaging and Backup Systems.
- Providing accurate estimates for effort required to complete work assignments.
- Ensure documentation and procedures are always up to date.
- Supporting, mentoring and helping others within the team.
- Participating in the IT on-call rota.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional Windows 2008 / 2012 / R2 & Linux systems administration experience.
- First-hand experience as technical lead on infrastructure projects.
- VMware / Virtual Server experience.
- Experience building or managing infrastructure in the Cloud e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Rack Space.
- Exposure and understanding of development and management of Cloud based services.
- Experience and competent with at least one industry standard scripting technology e.g., PowerShell, Azure PowerShell, VBScript, ruby, python, etc.... and willing to learn new.
- Understanding of Modern web technologies and architectures.
- Experience designing and maintaining highly available web based applications.
- Good level of SQL Server administration knowledge both MS SQL and MySQL derivatives.
- Good admin level knowledge of setting up Microsoft Servers, Linux Servers for various roles.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Well-rounded virtualised cloud knowledge and fast moving internet solutions.
- Experience with AWS cli or SDK, PowerShell DSC would be desirable.
- Experience with version control systems e.g. Subversion / Git and experience using build servers e.g. Teamcity.
- Experience managing projects from beginning to end.
You may have experience of the following: Senior Systems Engineer, Windows, Linux, Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud, AWS, Azure, SQL, MySQL, IT Systems Engineer, Systems Engineer, PowerShell, Desktop Support Engineer, VBScript, Support Engineer etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications