|Job Ref:||204806210||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:21|
Software Development Manager |
The Property Software Group is the largest supplier of advanced software and technology solutions to the UK's property industry. Its portfolio includes market leading enterprise cloud-based CRM and financial Property Management accounting software. They work with the UK`s leading property portals, have approx. 40,000 users of their software and operate from several UK locations with a team of 230 staff.
Position: Development Manager
Location: Brighton, Sussex
Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday including participation in the on-call rota
They`re seeking a high-calibre, highly experienced Software Development Manager to lead, shape and manage their largest in-house engineering team and create a class-leading development practice (12 people). They`re looking for the best-of-the-best. Individuals who have extensive experience leading teams developing and delivering large scale, complex enterprise cloud applications used by thousands of concurrent users.
You`ll be directly accountable for the core basics such as accurate estimations and the regular shipment of high quality, high performing timely releases right through to achieving their plans for continuous integration / deployment and zero-downtime upgrades. Working closely with their Infrastructure Director and Head of QA you`ll be a vital contributor to improving their DevOps practise and automated testing strategies.
- Trouble-free, high-quality and on-time new product releases.
- Ensure that the software is properly architected and developed in line with existing and future technologies.
- Drive the improvement of technical best practices, architecture and code reviews.
- Co-ordinate and manage activities across multiple development work streams.
- Own the Technical Roadmap.
- Drive continuous improvements in code quality, processes, architecture, testing and organisation.
- Drive innovative technical solutions in the areas of architecture, integration, tools and performance optimisation.
- Define effective measurements to measure success (KPIs).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience of software and application development, of owning and managing a large technically complex enterprise application throughout its entire software development lifecycle (ideally CRM or similar).
- Expert experience of managing and leading a development team (strong management experience including 1-2-1's, appraisals and reviews).
- Experience with software development methodologies, standards and design patterns.
- Well versed in source control management techniques including complex branching strategies and their implementation.
- Expert knowledge of performance tuning and scaling.
- Ability to motivate and energise a team and create an effective culture.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure and support methods.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK`s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications