|Job Ref:||204806456||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:21|
Job Title: Business Intelligence (BI) Programmer / Developer |
Location: London (Stanmore)
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Leading FTSE100 organisation seek to hire an experienced Business Intelligence Programmer / Developer.
This is a business critical role and the BI Programmer / Developer will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of all Applications and Databases in use at Capita's - Medicals Direct Group (MDG).
About the role:
The BI Programmer will be responsible for ensuring data remains consistent across the databases while ensuring the availability of applications and data is accessible in line with business requirements.
You will be required to provide support and direction for a small application team and have full understanding and experience of application development and database administration.
The programmer will have proven knowledge of the end to end development lifecycle.
About Capita | Medicals Direct Group (MDG):
MDG is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of outsourced business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Our nurse network is the largest of its kind, carrying out around 120,000 screenings and claims visits each year at applicants' homes, workplaces or nearby clinics.
We can provide health check reports to customers, creating an added incentive for them to attend the appointment. These reports include test results and useful information on topics pertinent to the customer's medical, such as stop-smoking advice or information on how to reduce cholesterol.
What you will do:
* Provide support for databases and applications;
* Planning and implementing data-flows and replication templates for new or revised databases;
* Creating, maintaining and ensuring the integrity of import routines. e.g. accounts imports, invoicing runs, batched data imports etc;
* Creating, maintaining and implementing business requirements for reports;
* Testing and implementing new systems and structures;
* Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
* Writing database and system documentation, including user manuals, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary;
* Controlling access permissions and privileges within applications and databases;
* Working closely with all IT staff including project managers, programmers and developers to deliver systems that meet business requirements;
* Development of small GAP / VB applications;
* Carry out all reasonable requests given by the IT Director or company directors;
* Lead system application development projects;
* Advise of new products and upgrade paths.
Your experience will include:
* MS Windows Desktop 7; Server 2003, 2008 Operating systems;
* MS SQL 2003, 2005, 2008 (minimum 2 years exp);
* Crystal Reports v8.5, 9.0, 10, 11 & RAS is essential;
* Knowledge of Visual Basic 2003, 2005 and .Net Programming is highly beneficial;
* Understanding of the following would be advantageous but NOT essential: Object PAL / PVSW Data Integrator OR Pervasive would be advantages
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you excellent holiday provision (excluding bank holidays), company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us