|Job Ref:||204807507||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Winnersh||Address:||Post Code:||RG41||Salary:||£45000/annum benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:21|
3rd Line Support Engineer Windows Exchange VMware Hyper-V LAN/WAN SAN Networking Backup Exec|
3rd Line Support Engineer
My fantastic client in Winnersh is currently looking for a solid 3rd Line Support Engineer to come on board on a permanent basis. The 3rd Line Support Engineer provides escalation support to the whole Service Desk. The role is critical to the successful operation of the Service Desk and requires a very strong technical knowledge, in conjunction with a passion for customer service skills.
This role will be expecting to mentor the 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers where possible as well as prompt and accurate incident resolution within agreed service levels.
Responsibilities will include:
* Technical desktop and laptop troubleshooting and resolution
* To produce and maintain knowledgebase articles for use by Service Desk team
* Updated all assigned incidents within the TTS ticketing system and keeping the customer updated on progress
* Responding to escalations promptly - 3rd Line escalations such as Exchange, VMware, Hyper-V and SAN
Key Skills & Experience
* ITIL- must understand principles
* 5 years' experience on an MSP service desk (must have experience at 3rd line level)
* VCP 5+
* NetApp experience
* CCNP (desirable)
* CCNA Security (desirable)
* Microsoft SCCM (desirable)
* Microsoft SQL Server (desirable)
* Microsoft Windows 7 and above troubleshooting
* Microsoft Active Directory user management
* Microsoft Exchange administration
* Basic knowledge LAN, WAN, VLAN
* Virtualisation (VMWare, Hyper-V)
* Microsoft Office 365 knowledge/understanding (desirable)
* Backup administration and troubleshooting
* Microsoft Exchange 2013 MCP (desirable)
* Microsoft Lync/Skype administration
* Microsoft Azure knowledge (desirable)
* Wireless troubleshooting
* Security administration (VPN, remote access)
This is a permanent role offering £45k per annum plus benefits.
If you are a solid 3rd Line Support Engineer with excellent experience of Exchange, VMware, Hyper-V and SAN then please forward your CV asap as interviews are being arranged immediately.
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation