|Job Ref:||204807760||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:21|
Salary: up to £60,000 per annum. Location: Liverpool.|
Job Title: WINDOWS SERVER ENGINEER
Start Date: Immediately
Urgent need for a Windows Server Engineer based in Liverpool. Successful candidate will be developing, implementing and managing the infrastructure environment. The platform is largely on Hyper-V in the Data Centre with some presence in Azure.
You will play a key role in analyzing, planning, providing Design and Engineering support of enterprise services, as well as maintaining the current infrastructure through both BAU support and project work
Essentials for this role include:
• Microsoft PowerShell scripting experience
• Microsoft System Centre experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Act as a technical lead in designing, building and operating new platforms primarily around Windows Server
• Provide technical leadership to solve complex and challenging issues facing end users
• Contact for everyday Operational issues
• Establish and maintain roadmaps
• Automate as many activities as possible.
• Create and maintain high-quality Runbook documentation
• Business Case Development for new service proposals
• Visibly drive Continual Service Improvement
• Relevant professional certifications
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• Advanced knowledge of the full enterprise lifecycle of Windows Infrastructure
• Very strong automation skills through PowerShell
• Advanced knowledge of at least one System Centre platform
• Some ability to administer recent editions of SQL Server
• Public (Azure) / Private Cloud
• Microsoft Operations Management Suite (MOMS)
• Backup technologies such as NetBackup / ExaGrid - beneficial
• Performance and Availability reporting
• Hyper-Converged Infrastructure
• Linux - beneficial
• Minimum 6 years' professional experience
• A track record of delivering automation around Windows Infrastructure.
• High and Low Level Design of new solutions.
• Mature ITIL Environment
• Leading technical initiatives / projects / teams