|Job Ref:||204807847||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£40000 - £59000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:21|
Salary: up to £59,000. Location: Liverpool.|
Job Title: Hybrid Cloud Engineer
Start Date: Immediately
A highly reputable client is looking for a Hybrid Cloud Engineer. This role is in Liverpool. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic cloud vision for the infrastructure environment and managing Office 365. The platform is largely on Hyper-V in the Data Centre. The Public Cloud platform is to be developed with the role-holder driving the approach and execution.
Duties and responsibilities
• Act as lead in designing, migrating and operating our new productivity platform based on Microsoft Office 365.
• Act as lead in designing, migrating and operating On Premise Private Cloud (Nutanix / Hyper-V) as well as IAAS/PAAS Azure platforms principally with Windows Server VMs.
• Provide strategic technical leadership to solve the most complex and challenging performance issues facing end users
• Contact for everyday Operational issues
• Establish, and regularly update, the Hybrid Cloud roadmap.
• Automate as many activities as possible.
• Create and maintain Runbook documentation
• Provide technical oversight to infrastructure, application and project teams to ensure cloud solutions are designed and implemented correctly.
• Secondary point of contact for System Centre systems (SCVMM)
• Business Case Development: Financial and business credibility with experience of methodologies and tools as well as a good understanding of the business drivers for cloud
Essentials for this role include:
• Deep knowledge of Windows in Private / Public Hybrid Clouds
• Ability to migrate and operate Office 365 as the SME.
• Advanced knowledge of Hyper-V
• Advanced to Expert knowledge of Azure
• Very strong automation skills through PowerShell
• Experience in at least one full lifecycle Office 365 migration
• Must have coordinated / managed small projects
• Experience in mature ITIL Environment
Desirables skills include:
• Relevant professional certifications including Project Management.
• ITIL v3 Foundation
• Containerisation (Docker)
• Microsoft Operations Management Suite (MOMS)
• Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (Nutanix)
• Desired State Configuration Management (DSC)
• Other Public Cloud providers such as AWS, RackSpace, Google
• Jira /Confluence
• Advanced knowledge of at least one System Centre platform
• Performance reporting