|Job Ref:||204421997||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Leeds||Address:||Post Code:||LS7||Salary:||£20000 - £30000/annum Additional Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:22|
I have an exciting new opportunity for a driven individual to progress and develop their skills with a leading main contractor. Ideally looking for someone to work out of their Leeds or Sheffield offices and to assist the quantity surveyors on projects within the commercial, education, retail and student accommodation sectors ranging from £3M - £34M.|
• Assisting in establishing client requirements and preparing bills of quantities and estimates.
• Working with the project team to maximise the success of the project for the client and contractor.
• Planning and undertaking procurement of sub-contract works.
• Monitoring and managing risks, change and overall project cost control to maximise profitability.
• Accurate reporting of project financial performance.
• Administering main contracts and sub-contracts throughout the works with knowledge of JCT & NEC forms.
• Carrying out valuation of the Contractor's and Sub-contractors works to maintain positive cash flow
• Qualified to degree level
• Construction industry experience post degree.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Working knowledge of the financial planning / control systems and contractual issues.
• Mind-set and attitude to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Exposure to Retail, Education and Residential New Build & Refurbishment schemes previously is preferable but not essential.
Our Client has a turnover of £40M and is set to grow with projects throughout the UK in the pipeline for 2017. They operate a competitive bonus scheme and look for people who are self-motivated and are capable of managing their own diary. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that has grown significantly over the past 12 years and for someone to be an integral part of the team for the foreseeable future