|Job Ref:||204518768||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:23|
Our Client is a well-established reputable, multi-disciplined organisation who have maintained their values and principles of great service and reliability to their clients. |
They pride themselves on maintaining their reputation for delivering schemes on time and to a high standard. They are now looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their fast and growing team.
The key focus of this sector of the business is Civil Engineering & Water. You will be responsible for all aspects of the projects lifecycle and pushing the project forward,
The role will include:
• To assist in the procurement of supplier's/sub-contractors/consultants
• To commercially manage Small Works projects and provide commercial and contractual support
• Attend, lead and influence client meetings as appropriate.
• Ensure that subcontractors are engaged and managed effectively, costs are controlled and work is instructed in accordance with company policy.
• Work with financial and commercial colleagues as required, ensuring solutions are properly priced, costed and commercially managed.
• Work with the finance team to value WIP each month.
• Key individual for subcontract management - accrual figures (agreed with Finance and CM), agreement of s/c variations and accounts (both interim and final).
• Support the commercial manager in providing information under the 'open book' requirements.
• Behave positively at all times.
• Support Operations teams for decisions made on the contract to ensure Best Value for the company is achieved.
• Provide the necessary documentation if disputes are escalated.
• Liaise with procurement in the set up and administration of subcontracts.
• Support the contract 'change control' process in all ways; coaching colleagues, development supporting information for presentation to the Client.
• Assist with reporting on the risk and opportunity allocations for the contract; assist with the contract risk register and manage this when required
As the ideal candidate you will have the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Demonstrable experience of making a material contribution to improving the returns on contracts.
• Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills.
• Good communication skills both verbal and written.
• Minimum of 3 years business experience
• Desire to develop and motivated to achieving targets.
• Flexible attitude
• Values Integrity, teamwork, excellence and respect in others
• Detailed experience and understanding of the NEC3 contract, and applied local variations.
• An understanding of the practices and methods when working in the public realm environment.
• PC literate and knowledge of MS suite i.e. Word, Excel etc.
• Familiar with some form of commercial / costing systems