|Job Ref:||204805732||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:38|
Assistant Project Manager - Brent Cross|
About the role
Capita Re are looking for a Assistant Project Manager to join our new team based in London and Barnet, working on one of the most exciting regeneration schemes in Europe. The Brent Cross Cricklewood Regeneration will deliver a new quarter for London and provide a range of new life to the Barnet region, including the key new Thameslink train station and enhanced bus station to connect this development to the rest of London. You will work alongside our Project Director on the Thameslink and associated projects, and will fast-track your career within the infrastructure development sector.
About Capita Re
Re, Regional Enterprise Limited, is a joint venture between the London Borough of Barnet and Capita. Re runs the Council's development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services and will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work
What you will do:
* Assist Project Managers and Programme Director to provide a professional Project and Design Management service internally and externally.
* Manage key aspects of the project plan, including the identification of gaps, conducting reviews and putting actions in place to ensure the programme delivers on cost, to time and to the required standard.
* Undertake aspects of project delivery as identified in project plans and as allocated by the Project Manager or Programme Director.
* Co-ordinate and assign work stream activities on behalf of the Project Manager or Programme Director.
* Undertake action tracking and maintain project records and logs as required.
* Work with Project Team Members to update project schedules on a regular basis.
* Undertake weekly and monthly work package and project reporting.
* Undertake organisation of project meetings/workshops, including chairing and/or minute taking as required.
* Develop and maintain project risks and issues logs and ensure that all risks and issues are assessed thoroughly and reviewed on a weekly basis and actions are updated.
* Assist in the collaboration of the production, communication, maintenance and continuous review of project documentation.
Your experience will include:
* An understanding of the principles of effective project and programme management.
* Experience in project/programme management within the built environment.
* Degree qualified
* Computer literate
* Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills and ability to prepare clear and concise reports, briefings and correspondence.
* Good negotiation skills and ability to achieve effective outcomes.
* Ability to successfully take own initiative, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
* Able to integrate and work successfully as part of a team and positively contribute to its development and performance.
* Ability to act on own initiative, to plan and prioritise and manage own work to meet deadlines and deliver outcomes within set timescales.
* Will be able to work independently, under minimum supervision, or as part of a team.
* Have strong organisational skills and have the ability to prioritise their workload.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us