|Job Ref:||204806847||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Post Code:||NG7||Salary:||£26000 - £32000/annum Depending on experience||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:38|
Our client is a leading private consultancy offer a wide range of professional services, including Town Planning. They are seeking a Planning Assistant to join their expanding Town Planning team in Nottingham.|
The Planning Assistant will be expected to work on a range of projects, including helping prepare planning applications, appeals and LDF submissions. The successful candidate will need be a graduate with a relevant Town Planning qualification and ideally have at least 6 months experience in a planning role. You will be enthusiastic with good report writing excellent communication skills. Successful applicants will also have a working knowledge of the UK planning system, excellent communication and IT skills with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual wishing to develop their skills within a professional environment. It is expected that during the two years you will wish to qualify as a Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) member.
* Assist with a wide variety of planning and architectural projects from inception to completion
* Demonstrate a good standard of technical competence and professional and ethical standards consistent with best practice
* Be a team player, capable of interacting confidently and comfortably with colleagues
* Work pro-actively under the guidance of the more senior Town Planners
* Build strong internal relationships with co-workers
* Manage community engagement
* A degree in Town & Country Planning (accredited by the RTPI)
* Strong communication skills
* Strong administrative skills, including report writing and time management
* Some work experience in the private sector
If you are a recent Graduate with a Town Planning degree, this could be an excellent opportunity to start a promising career in Town Planning. This consultancy will be able to provide the support and coaching to help you continue your professional development. If you are interested, please submit your CV now for consideration for this role