|Job Ref:||204806878||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£65000 - £70000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:38|
Our client is a leading independent property and construction consultancy, where they have contributed to the success of some of the world's most exciting and recognisable projects. They work across a range of services and sectors delivering projects on a massive scale with a combined value in the billions of pounds.
About the Planning Manager Opportunity:
To provide Planning assistance and support to Project Managers and Project Teams across various Construction Projects and to work within the Planning team on bids and pre construction programmes as required.
The role will predominately be office based in London but will require frequent site visits to establish the progress position of projects being worked on.
Job description for the Planning Manager opportunity:
- Prepare fully logic linked (and where required resource loaded) programmes for both preconstruction and construction activities including design and procurement
- Maintain the baseline for the programmes and carry out all necessary updates as and when required
- Assess programmes from 3rd parties and provide advice to the Project Manager relating to the impacts of the programme
- Provide progress reports as required to the project managers of the projects to which you are assigned
- Provide progress reports/information to Clients or Clients representatives as required on a particular project
- Incorporating changes to the programme following changes to the design approach
- Incorporating key decision and information requirements and tracking the sign off of these
- Incorporating compensation events and assessing the impact on the programme of these
- Management of cost information within programme
- Reporting on a monthly basis both technical changes and progress as well as providing a high level summary of the programme position
- Development of stage 4 programme, including working with the design team to understand design duration and resource levels.
Requirements for the Planning Manager opportunity:
- Excellent communicator externally and internally (written, verbal, presentation skills)
- Good client facing skills
- Interactive with team members and colleagues
- Manage time effectively
- Decision making in relation to planning tasks
- Willingness to help colleagues and share knowledge
- Show integrity especially when dealing with external clients
Please contact Chris Roche on +44 (Apply online only) if you feel you have all the qualities highlighted above.
NES Construction & Infrastructure are a team of recruitment specialists working across the following sectors; Civil Engineering, Build, Refurbishment and fit out. We offer solutions for both contract and permanent jobseekers.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients