|Job Ref:||204807274||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hemel Hempstead||Address:||Salary:||£24000 - £28000/annum Negotiable dependent on experience||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:39|
Works Planner- reporting to Service Department Head.|
As Works Planner the responsibilities are:
• To open the office and ensure the alarm is turned off and the office
is open ready for the arrival of the engineers
• To ensure all jobs are pre-planned where possible and that all
pre planned works are scheduled on the works planner board
• All information regarding any works are presented to the engineers and that they are fully understood prior to engineer attending site
• To prioritise and plan incoming daily callouts from existing and new customers
• Ensure engineers have loaded their vans for the day and are out of Head Office by 7.30am
• To ensure engineers worksheets from previous jobs are completed and returned in a timely manner. To report any concerns to the Service Dept. Head
• Identify any ongoing issues where sites have had multiple visits over a short period of time
• Ensure customers are aware of ETA's and to make sure the customers are aware of any delays and/or cancellations
• To complete daily quotations using Filemaker software - works recommended by engineers or from daily customer phone calls / emails or ensure that these tasks are passed on to the Spares Controller and/or the Service Surveyor when applicable.
Managing all Engineers / Spares Controller
• Engineers have the correct tools and parts to carry out the works first time, to avoid recalls
• To install discipline, hold discussions and where necessary carry out disciplinary action
• Ensure the Spares Controller has prepared any works such as goal post frames, welding items or painted sectional doors, prior to works being carried out.
• To ensure that all Engineers records such as sickness/Injury, return to work, training records/ vehicle records, vehicle accident records etc are maintained and are up to date.
• Authorising engineer / spares controller holidays taking into account the Business needs
• Liaising with the Spares Controller to ensure all required parts are delivered in a timely manner, picked from stock and placed in the designated engineers work area.
• To read through and digest the MSIR's (Manufacturing Specification and installation requirements) and additional information, such as the surveyors emails to ensure the job is within the engineer's capability and understanding.
• Any potential risk element in delayed works MUST be removed before hand. To Communicate / liaise with Contract Co-Ordinators prior and during new business works.
From time to time carry out other duties not included with in this remit but are deemed acceptable adjustments for business needs