|Job Ref:||204804058||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:39|
This National Tier One Civil Engineering Contractor is currently looking for a Design Manager to work on a large civils' framework, based out of Manchester. This role will have you working on varying types of civil projects for one major client.
Our client, a renowned, privately-owned, main contractor, requires a Design Manager to join their team, due to their strong pipeline of projects in the region.
As Design Manager, you must be experienced in leading the entire design process, from initial feasibility through to build completion. You will be required to identify and resolve any design solutions, risks and opportunities, whilst coordinating with other departments, commercial teams, consultants and specialist subcontractors, and instigating review appraisals.
• Managing a design team;
• Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual,
programme/time awareness and technical expertise;
• Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the
requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building
• Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best
work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost
• Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards
and codes of practice, where appropriate;
• Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with
project timescales; and
• Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial
risks during construction.
• Provide key technical guidance and input on projects and tenders.
• Represent the company on a technical basis.
• Contribute to continuous improvement.
• Contribute to business development within the company