|Job Ref:||204803756||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London NW1||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:39|
Our Client is a principle contractor to network rail. They are responsible for refurbishments, building, maintenance and refits across the station and Construction Projects.
The ideal candidate would have experience in;
• Solicits and maintains communication with subcontractors.
• Prepares subcontractor bid packages
• Shows creativity and resourcefulness to gain better pricing from subcontractors
• Submits 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline.
• Enters all relevant information into Fast Estimate
• Review bid requirements thoroughly and asks follow-up question on every bid
• Has a thorough understanding of the scope for specific trades assigned
• Develops RFI's and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage
• Performs a comprehensive analysis for review in tender meeting
• Creates bid lists that fit scope of job, ensuring that we have the right subs for the project
• Minimize exclusions to the tender by Liaising with client and sub contractor
• Include value-engineering ideas on every bid in order to the give the client best value
• Review awarded tender drawings with Project team and highlight areas of concern
• Highlighting sub contractors and materials that require lead times for design and materials
• Ensures that subcontractors and materials suppliers can meet with the programmed dates
• Seeks & qualifies new subcontractors and suppliers in line with tender and HSQE requirements
• Handle all subcontractor interactions in a manner designed to build a long term relationship.
• Build strong win-win relationships with other departments within Spence including Quantity Surveying, Project Management, Accounting, HSQE and Buying .
• Ensure that Spence bids and proposals are competitive and have the greatest chance of winning. This may require the employee to arrive early, stay late, or perform tasks not specifically outlined in the job description.
• Double-check all critical work deliverables to minimize mistakes.
• Complete all activities with a pride of ownership "as if it was your name on the door."
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be self-motivated & punctual.
• Manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
Does this Estimator opportunity sound like your next solid move? If so please get in touch by clicking the 'apply now' button shown on this advert and send us your CV. We look forward to working with you soon.
Who are we?
O'Rourke Personnel is a specialist agency with over 30 years of combined experience in Mechanical and Electrical, Site Services, Construction Trades, Secretarial and Administration, Building Services, Construction, Engineering, FM, Utilities and Rail.
For our candidates, we are honest about the current assignments we are working on, and endeavour to give as much information about any interested client, the role and the development benefits.
We believe that the best relationships are built on trust, and our aim is to provide a professional, honest and realistic service.
The services advertised by O'Rourke Personnel Ltd are those of an Employment Agency