|Job Ref:||204803753||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Runcorn||Address:||Post Code:||WA7||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:39|
Kinetic Construction are looking to recruit an Assistant QS to work on a Design and Build, Student Accommodation in The Northwest. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly regarded main contractor and with support from the Senior QS flourish within such a role. |
Please note: The project is - FastTrack therefore preference will be given, to candidates with a demonstrable experience that has already been gained with a main contractor.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications / experience / aptitude:
* Reporting to the Client on all applications for payment, invoices and other like documents submitted.
* Preparing recommendations for interim payments to contractors and consultants in accordance with contract requirements.
* To value and report separately, on tenant variations as instructed by the Client.
* To provide fund monitors and tenant representatives, when instructed by the Client, with all necessary information, and in particular provide all valuations and certification with associated back up for their information.
* To attend, chair, and prepare and issue minutes of site and progress meetings as required by the Client.
* To advise on the construction cost implications of any instruction and other matters as requested by the Client.
* To prepare periodic cost reports in agreed format at specified times.
* To prepare, negotiate, and issue final accounts and final statements.
* To agree snagging methodology with the contractors and interested parties and manage the completion and handover process.
* Ability to provide employer's agent assistance to this function is desirable but not essential.
In return you will receive:
* 25 days' holiday per annum
* Life Assurance - 3x salary death in service
* Company Pension (after successful completion of Probation)
* Medicash Medical Cash Plan Scheme (after successful completion of Probation)
* 6-month probation period
* Car allowance
* Degree in Quantity Surveyor
* Experience in Design and Build
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV via the 'APPLY' button in this advert. Please note that direct emails are sometimes not received due to the spam/junk e-mail filters in place. If you would like to discuss your suitability further, please do not hesitate to contact Michala on (Apply online only).
If you are shortlisted for this vacancy, you will be contacted within 24 - 48 hours to discuss your application further. If you have not heard anything within 5 days of your application, then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your CV on file and contact you regarding future vacancies.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kinetic Construction whose services are those of an Employment Agency