|Job Ref:||204803605||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Bury St Edmunds||Address:||Post Code:||IP33||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Salary - Depending on Experience||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:39|
Exciting opportunity for a Senior CAD Designer to join accomplished Architectural glazing specialist! |
Formed in 2000, my client is an independent glazing and cladding specialist providing new innovative solutions for architects, developers and contractors alike. They are now looking to bring an exceptional Senior designer into their team!
The designer will be involved in AutoCAD design work on new build and refurbishment projects for architectural manufacture, windows and curtain walling. Close liaison with architects and contractors will be required and you will work in a small team where close attention to detail is paramount. Successful candidates will be required to take a project from tender stage through to site commencement.
This key position involves CAD design work on new build and refurbishment projects for architectural manufacture, windows and curtain walling.
Close liaison with architects and contractors will be required and you will work in a small team where close attention to detail is paramount.
• Attendance at handover meetings to review/discuss the project and identifying particular design requirements including clarification of the scope of works;
• Produce working drawings/design in accordance with the specifications received from the customer and amendments raised with contracts/estimating departments;
• Ensuring drawings are within estimated budgets and that there are clearly defined methods of construction - setting out requirements and materials used;
• Ensuring that any relevant project information received from the customer is appropriately transmitted within the company;
• Producing and maintaining the contract design file;
• Submitting designs for internal review and discussion and then on for client approval;
• Supervising and monitoring the issue of drawings and other design information by trainee draughts people ensuring adherence with the relevant processes and procedures;
• Assisting with the compilation of a Project Design Programme;
• Providing technical calculations and, where appropriate, the commissioning of a structural engineer to produce supporting structural calculations in line with the Design Programme;
The successful applicant must ideally have a proven track record in the Architectural Glazing, Aluminium, Doors, Windows or Curtain Wall sector.
Experience in cladding systems desired.
Experience of using a computer aided design software package on a daily basis (ideally AutoCAD Light) is essential.
BIM/3D AutoCAD experience desired.
If you tick the boxes for this role please get in touch asap