|Job Ref:||204802420||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bath||Address:||Post Code:||BA1||Salary:||£30 - £31/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:39|
1. PURPOSE OF JOB|
The purpose of this post is to assist in the provision of property services to the Council. The postholder will act as a member of the Property Services team. As such, her/his performance will meet the standards which the executive action of the team will have to achieve. S/he will take personal responsibility for carrying out difficult and challenging tasks as an Estates Surveyor, providing general practice surveyor / valuer duties
As a member of the team s/he will contribute to the general management, development and review of the Team and Unit. This will be done both in terms of services provided and staff, in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values, policy and other objectives. In doing this the postholder should ensure maximum effectiveness and efficiency.
2. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1 . With the Team Manager - Property Management to participate in the formulation of detailed Team objectives and policies.
2. With the Team Manager - Property Management to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of Council policies and the achievement of the Council's objectives, including financial ones.
3. To contribute to cooperative working across services in accordance with the Council's Vision and Values. To contribute to cross service initiatives as required.
4. To assist in ensuring that the Team's services are responsive to community needs and that equal opportunity issues are identified and addressed effectively.
5. To assist in ensuring that effective external and internal working relationships are established and maintained with organisations and agencies relevant to the work of the Consultancy Team.
6. To ensure effective and accessible communication with staff; service users, the general public and others as appropriate.
1. To deliver the results required in terms of revenue or capital income, property appraisal or landlord & tenant matters either
b) under the supervision of a Senior Estates Surveyor.
All results to be delivered on time and within budget so as to meet the expenditure & income targets assigned to the postholder as part of the team's workload.
2. To undertake difficult & challenging tasks and to adopt innovative, efficient and effective means developed by the team to achieve successful results.
3. To undertake detailed investigations into the Title and Town & Country Planning status of all classes and types of property included in the Council's estates, in its care, or required for the execution of its duties and responsibilities. This is to be done to ensure the premises meet the Council's requirements.
4. To carry out all types of property valuations.
5. To act as the Council's Agent in its acquisition, letting, management and disposal, by sale or lease, of all types of property. The postholder will exercise substantial delegated financial authority in the difficult negotiations in order to secure the most advantageous terms for the Council.
The postholder will be expected to act mostly upon her/his own initiative once s/he has agreed a work programme with the Team Manager - Property Management/Senior Estates surveyor. S/he will be responsible for the achievement of agreed financial & operational targets and will be expected to call upon the Senior Estates Surveyors for only minimal support & guidance.
6. S/he will support other team members in the execution of duties as required to do so by the Line Manager. Activities will include any of the following:
(a) Portfolio management and enhancement
(b) Co-ordination of the asset valuation programme for the property portfolio
(c) Co-ordination all programmes of Repairs and Maintenance.
(d) The capital receipts programme, incorporating the surplus property procedure and asset disposal programme, including the bringing forward of development opportunities.
(e) Co-ordination condition surveys across the portfolio.
(f) Annual compliance inspections across the portfolio
(g) Void inspections
(h) Programme of insurance valuations across the portfolio
7. To prepare & present evidence as an expert witness to the Court, Tribunals, Inquiries and Arbitrators in pursuit of appropriate settlement of disputes over property related matters allocated to the post holder personally. To prepare and present reports as required.
8. To gather, collate, evaluate and present statistics and information on the financial and functional performance of the property in the team's care to ensure that the Council is achieving, as far as possible, optimum use of its resources. To present the information thus gained as required.
9. To prepare, submit and pursue Town & Country Planning Applications for the development and improvement of property in the team's care so as to ensure all premises can be put to the best use in achieving the Council's policies or realise the highest and best value when disposed of.
10. To advise the Team Manager - Property Management of potential conflicts in objectives and to present viable options for their resolution.
11. To deputise for the Senior Estates Surveyor when requested to do so.
3. Knowledge & Experience
a. Qualified (RICS) with relevant post qualification experience,
b. Well developed negotiating skills with a background in commercial or operational property management.
c. Some training and/or experience or ability to supervise and guide junior staff in providing services to specified quality, timescale and budget.
d. Good written and oral communication skills
e. Ability to relate the ownership & use of property to the Visions & Values of the Council.
a. Computer literate with the ability to contribute to the development of new and existing systems.
b. Able to work in partnership with others to achieve the Council's objectives