|Job Ref:||204801987||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Warwickshire||City:||Solihull||Address:||Post Code:||B91||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:40|
A leading social housing contractor are recruiting for a permanent Site Manager in the West Midlands.|
The company have been established for a number of years and due to a new project are recruiting for a leading Site Manager to run the job.
Decent homes project with a completion date of around March 2017.
There is huge potential for this to be a £2m-£5m contract if it is managed and developed correctly.
Starting with Kitchens and Bathrooms then moving onto envelope - facades, roof and externals.
Role duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for all daily operational activity and the management of operatives and sub-contractors ensuring adherence to all Company policies, procedures and practices.
- Manage activities on site, ensuring that the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times. Organising and co-ordinating site resources to optimise the effectiveness on site.
- Undertake the induction of all employees and sub-contractors on site and follow up with toolbox talks.
- Induct all employees in the correct way of working ensuring that the contract delivery processes are complied with and adopted into your daily disciplines.
- Ensure all project related filing / administration is in accordance with the company's IMS and Project Filing Guide.
- Responsible for identifying, reviewing and implementing the client's critical success factors for the project and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality and programme standards are delivered (avoiding any defects later), undertaking regular reviews to monitor progress against programme addressing any shortcomings and issues as they arise.
- Review and coordinate contract drawings and specifications for all work sections.
- Ensure that records pertaining to requests for information, verbal instructions, delay and disruption are rigorously maintained in conjunction with the commercial team to ensure the company's liabilities are protected.
- Identify and requisition site equipment / plant and materials to ensure completion of works.
- Regular communication with Line Manager on site progress, advising of issues which may impact / change the contract programme. Accurately record progress weekly on all activities.
- Produce short term programmes for all trades to achieve main programme dates.
- Chair/attend weekly sub-contractor progress/planning meeting and record minutes.
- Maintain to the highest quality daily records of site activities.
- Supervise the implementation of work safety plans, method statements, risk assessments and other works procedures ensuring they comply with the relevant documentation. Monitor and report on their effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with external and internal departments to ensure smooth running of the site and tasks are undertaken in line with the programme requirements taking appropriate action to address any issues or concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensure all operatives and sub-contractors are wearing appropriate PPE at all times during site activities.
- Ensure all operatives and sub-contractors are suitably trained to use any relevant plant and equipment.
- Ability to understand and gain full working knowledge of the relevant contract terms and conditions and the associated obligations.
- Work closely with the commercial team to be aware of the financial position of the contract. Agree scopes of each sub contract package.
- Day work sheets should be reviewed with site QS before signing.
- Demonstrate a strong Customer focus and an ability to deliver initiatives within the local community and to support the Company's corporate social responsibility.
- Ensure any quality control notices are issued to sub-contractors promptly.
- Any other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include Maths and English (both at Grade B)
- Relevant construction related level 4 and above qualification (HNC / NVQ)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Valid driving licence
- SMSTS certificate
- First Aid at Work certificate desirable
- Fire Marshall certificate desirable
- Membership or working towards MCIOB or RICS is desirable
Due to the nature of this project you must have a proven track record working within planned and reactive maintenance contracts and must be able to manage cash flow.
As the No. 1 on the job you must be interested and have proven success building relationships with clients and developing accounts as well as having the desire to grow a team.
Salary and Package
Salary and Package: £35k-45k
Car Allowance, BUPA, 26days holiday, life assurance x3, pension
The company are looking to bring in the right person ASAP and are conducting first stage interviews this week.
If you are interested in this opportunity please call Eden Brown Recruitment on (Apply online only) and ask for Stephen Jordan or reply to this email with your availability.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Stephen Jordan, call today on (Apply online only) or email
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy