|Job Ref:||204801958||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Merseyside||City:||Liverpool||Address:||Post Code:||L13||Salary:||£42000 - £48000/annum package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:40|
Project Quantity Surveyor|
£42,000 - £48,000 p/a
I am now looking to recruit a Project Quantity Surveyor to work for a medium / large main contractor who specialise in the high rise residential sector. They have recently taken on a large package of works and have two projects due to start in Chester / Liverpool so require commercial assistance.
You will be working for a reputable business who are going through a stage of growth at the moment, so joining the company at this time would give you the best opportunity to progress through the ranks and further your career with a team who are consistently winning prestigious work. The company has projects scattered across the UK but the Project Quantity Surveyor joining the business will only be looking after the developments in either Liverpool or Chester.
People who have previous experience with new build student accommodation, apartment or hotel projects would be advantageous however not essential. They are also looking to take on a Senior QS as well as a Chief QS who would be based in Liverpool so if you think you could be capable of a more senior role, I do know they will pay above the market rates for the right chap.
Your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Managing the Assistant QS'
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established business at this time of growth. If you would like to find out more about the projects or business, please be in touch.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Philip O'Connor, call today on (Apply online only) or email
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy