|Job Ref:||204801938||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£20000 - £32000/annum + Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:40|
Quantity Surveyor - Property Services & New Build Contractor - Permanent - Up To £32,000 + Car Package|
Currently seeking a permanent Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join a housing contractor to work on a number of planned maintenance and refurbishment projects based in Leicester. The role will be to work on a variety of residential and public sector refurbishment projects. My client is currently looking for an Assistant QS that is keen to learn and progress in their career and grow alongside the company with plenty of training on offer as well as career progression.
The successful candidate will be reporting into the commercial manager. The candidate will be expected to assist with the following duties:
* To Work to the National Schedule of Rates (SOR)
* Submission & Negotiations of Final Accounts
* Procurement of Sub-Contractors
* To maintain established profit margins
* To price all works in line with current market conditions
* To improve where possible company profits
* To ensure contracts are financially controlled, to budget and to the clients requirements
* Manage procurement of subcontract packages and materials
* Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating cost estimates, both direct labour and subcontract
* Liaise regularly with contractors, suppliers and clients
* Ensure project information, costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of designated projects
* Work to demanding timescales within a successful team
* Build and maintain client relationships
* Preparing scopes and pricing works
My client is a small maintenancecontractor based in Leicester. Originally founded in 1969 over the last 40-years they have diversified to be able to offer clients a multi-skilled maintenance and refurbishment service and has carried out extensive work within the Social Housing, Education, Healthcare, Hotel & Leisure, Retail & Commercial and Industrial sectors.
Successful candidates will have previous experience working within the residential new build sector. They will have experience with sub-contractor procurement & management. They will have or be working towards BSc or HND (or equivalent) in quantity surveying and a full UK Driving License.
If you require any further details, please contact me on (Apply online only)