|Job Ref:||204801922||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:40|
Senior Quantity Surveyor |
£45,000 - £55,000 + package
I am now looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a new build residential contractor in Manchester. My client are a specialist on traditional and social housing schemes across the UK and have recently won a number of new build housing developments in the Greater Manchester region. They now require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to assist their commercial department. Market leading salaries & career progression routes are on offer.
They already have a strong name in the residential sector and do offer limitless training courses as well as attractive performance related bonus'. Sites vary from small 50 unit sites up to 1000 unit developments and as a company, they do look at the QS' preference when assigning the sites.
If you are looking to advance your career with things such as a Chartership, Masters in construction law or anything else similar, this organisation can help with it both financially and professionally. Because of the size & reputation of the business, they offer a lot of perks so that good people are attracted & stay.
Your duties will include but not be limited to;
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk, value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Managing the Assistant QS'
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Allocating work to subcontractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join an already well established business at this time of growth. If you could be interested in hearing more about this, please be in touch.
Your expert recruitment consultant is Philip O'Connor, call today on (Apply online only) or email
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy