|Job Ref:||204801577||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidstone||Address:||Post Code:||ME15||Salary:||£37000 - £38000/annum £37000 - £38000 per annum + car plus||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:40|
A well-known civils main contractor is looking to recruit a Site Supervisor based in Maidstone, Kent to join its expanding team.|
As the Site Supervisor your duties will be to:
- Carry out formal risk assessments of the workplace, record accurately and brief staff appropriately.
- Carry out works within the highway, public area and client infrastructures of cable networks.
- Ensure appropriate supervision of staff and sub-contractors, while undertaking inspections for quality and specification.
- Review and understand plans, drawings and work instructions.
- Able to supervise excavation of cable trenches and joint bays, installation of high voltage cables, and reinstatement of cable trenches and joint bays. By use of hand tools and mechanical machinery.
- Compile site diaries, take deliveries, carry out Tool Box Talks and interact with Site Manager to weekly reporting.
- Be responsible for ensuring that all electricity networks are installed in a safe and professional manner and to a high standard and in accordance with applicable method statements.
To be a successful Site Supervisor you will have the following skills and experience:
- A specialist, with proven experience within the utilities / construction industries.
- Demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, with relevant qualifications.
- Experienced in implementing HSQE and Management procedures and practices.
- Technically conversant with all relevant industry standards, specifications and practices.
- Have a current SMST/ NRSWA (Supervisor).
- A good understanding of temporary works.
- Experience and knowledge of trench excavations and shoring/ and construction of joint bays.
- First aid trained.
- Obtained recognised qualifications within a relevant field of expertise.
- Proven people management skills.
- Good IT skills with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and office.
In return, the Site Supervisor will receive a salary of £37000 - £38000 per annum plus a car plus fuel card.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.