|Job Ref:||204803367||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||B15 3AA||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £55000/annum Car or Car Allowance, benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:40|
Project Manager with Mid-Tier Civils Contractor on projects £5-15m|
Reporting to: Contracts Manager - Infrastructure
A leading mid-tier Civils Contractor has a requirement for a Project Manager to be based in the Birmingham office to look after two to three heavy civil projects values between £2m - £10m.
Purpose of Role:
As the Project Manager you will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of site works on various civil construction projects. You will be required to meet or exceed the Company`s expectations for health & safety, quality, customer satisfaction, programme performance and commercial out-turn, thereby ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Through the team, to ensure the delivery of the project within the given constraints of time and cost
- To ensure that all health, safety and welfare obligations associated with the project delivery are met
- To identify the necessary resources and assign individual responsibilities
- To create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- To carry out all the Project Manager`s duties established for the project by the Task Role Assignment Matrix
- To ensure that relations with the client and all stakeholders in the project are maintained and managed to an appropriate level
- To apply the clients methodology effectively and enforce project standards
- To minimise company exposure to risk on the project
- To ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
The successful project manager will have the following:
- Ideally degree or HNC / HND in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' on-site construction experience with a civil contractor
- Experience working on piling, wastewater water infrastructure, and deep drainage projects would be an advantage
- Flexible to work away from home on site when needed
- Able to lead teams comprising a variety of abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills, numeracy, and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to organise and lead a project team and facilitate decision making on complex issues among multiple parties.
In return they offer a competitive salary up to 55k with car or car allowance and benefits.
To apply for this vacancy please contact David Appleton on (Apply online only) / (Email Removed)