|Job Ref:||204803055||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum + generous package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:40|
Quantity Surveyor - Basingstoke |
This Quantity Surveying role is with of the UK's leading main contractors and FM providers. They operate across a range of sectors including defence, education, housing, industrials, power, transport and utilities. This particular role is within their Facilities Management division based out of their regional Basingstoke office undertaking both hard and soft services FM and project work.
Your principal duties will include:
• Producing accurate estimates from the National Schedule of Rates for works up to and around £100k.
• Managing the billing process for specific contract
• Producing monthly contract valuations
• Liaising with the client and resolution of invoicing queries and disputes
Previous experience within a similar NSR role is desirable.
For the right candidate subject to capability there will be the opportunity for general surveying requirements to extend to:
• To agree terms and conditions of subcontractors and incorporate within documentation to forward direct to subcontractor
• To coordinate and manage the selection of subcontractors (working closely with the Procurement and Contract Manager) for tender enquiries ensuring that a balanced range is chosen capable of delivering the required price, quality and duration.
• To prepare and coordinate tender enquiries to subcontractors, ensuring, that all essential information is provided.
• To coordinate subcontractor tender responses and provide full comparisons of all quotes vs. the tender allowances, showing a best price, further negotiation to provide the best possible price and the buy-in of the operations team.
• To place and coordinate the placement by others of subcontractor orders to an agreed set of terms and actively participate in engaging the subcontractor in the pre-contract handover with the operations team.
• To be responsible for the production of all subcontractor certificates in good time to allow the Finance Team to pay on time.
• To produce or have produced valuation breakdowns in an agreed format to maximise cash flow and to keep the Surveying/Commercial Manager informed at all times.
• To make and coordinate timely Interim applications for payment, including variations and design fees as appropriate and be responsible for ownership of agreeing interim valuations with clients and appropriately delegating where necessary.
• To be responsible for chasing valuations, certificates, invoices and cash from clients to hit the required cash flow targets.
• To ensure that all variations are produced and claimed, including other formal records for extra works and to maximise the evaluation of these.
• To ensure that all appropriate Certificates of Practical and Partial Completion are timely collected and utilised in releasing retentions.
• To present the final account as soon as possible after practical completion and present financial appraisals continually as the works progress always driving to maximise the rightful valuation of the works.
• To coordinate and make timely requests for extensions of time, plus recovery of loss and expense when required.
• To coordinate and produce claims for accelerations, loss and expense as required for submission when required.
• To own the project profitability whether involved directly or through a direct line report.
• To play a pivotal role in the handover of the tender and be very proactive in setting tough but fair profitability targets.
• Keep the whole project team advised as to the profitability and cash position of all jobs on the contract they are involved in.
The Plus Points.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading construction company where you will be given the opportunity to progress your career. Good remuneration is on other including a full package