|Job Ref:||204807358||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£40000 - £45000/annum benefits package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:00|
* Responsibility for all tenders/bids and will work closely with our own design engineers, project managers, supply chain as well as the main contractors and their respective teams.
* Attending client and pre-contract interviews, the candidate must have a solid background within the mechanical services sector and understand the world of contracting. This post offers the opportunity for the candidate to develop and grow their own team, with future scope for a role within the commercial side.
* To read through all tender documentation, understanding drawings and identifying any potential risks to ensure proposals are competitive and compliant yet without future commercial threat.
* Prepare sub-contract enquiries, receipt of subcontract quotes, prepare cost estimates and provide associated breakdowns for submission to main contractors / clients in both competitive and negotiated tender opportunities.
* Taking off quantities from the drawings and inputting into the estimation software for both D&B and pre-designed enquiries, reporting to the operations manager to discuss strategy / mark up's upon collation
* Preparation of handover files to the Project Managers following successful tenders, comprehensively running through said project with the delivery team.
* Where necessary, provide assistance to the Project Managers with procurement of large plant items and assist in collating the information and submission of variations to the relevant persons.
* Assist in developing procedures and best practice within the estimating department.
* Recognised industry qualifications, educated to HNC/HND level would be desirable.
* Experience of both Mechanical and Electrical services.
* Proven experience of bids up to £1M.
* Proven track record in the HVAC / mechanical services industry. Must have sound knowledge of all mechanical systems from LTHW, domestics, public health through to gas and ventilation services.
* IT proficient in all key Office products, including Excel and estimation software to at least an intermediate level.
* Able to read and understand tender drawings and specifications.
* Comfortable working with and producing schedules of rates.
* A basic salary of up to £45,000 plus benefits package.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading contractor, with a fantastic reputation in the commercial, industrial, and retail sectors. This position also offers the opportunity to be fast-tracked into a Senior Mechanical Estimator positions thought he businesses training and development programme.
To be considered for the Mechanical Estimator opportunity please call (Apply online only), or click APPLY NOW