|Job Ref:||204807045||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Nottinghamshire||City:||Nottingham||Address:||Salary:||£19.97/hour Ltd||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:00|
Rolling Stock Technicians|
Two Rolling Stock Technicians are required to work on a 6 month contract for a large Rolling Stock Maintenance Company based in Nottingham. At this stage, the role could either be working weekends or a 4 on 4 off shit pattern , depending on where they allocate the work, so applicants will need to have a flexible attitude towards this. If the role is working weekends it would be 4 10 hour shifts, Friday to Monday on nights and if the role is working 4 on 4 off it will be 4 12 hour shifts. The rate for this role is £19.97 per hour through a limited company. The project will commence on the 19th of November.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of carrying out fault finding / diagnostic work on rolling stock and be electrically bias but also have strong mechanical skills.
Purpose of the job:
To maintain the vehicles to standards of Quality, Cost and Delivery that meet the Customer expectations as a minimum. To carry out such maintenance work, both planned and corrective, on a rotating shift basis.
* To carry out, as part of the maintenance team, maintenance duties;
* Liaise with NTL, ie Control Room if organising Tram movements in Depot etc.
* Troubleshooting of tram defects
* To ensure accuracy of the documented reports
* To report to your line manager at least one Deviation from Standard per month on Health, Safety or Environmental Grounds, as per procedures;
* To ensure that your activities are conducted in a safe manner in accordance with Health & Safety practices, policies and procedures, and that safety-critical work regulations and legal requirements are adhered to;
* To attend an emergency call-out as necessary;
* To actively participate in the reduction of Deviations from Standard reported each month on Health, Safety or Environmental Grounds, as per procedures;
* To ensure that you adopt the Ways of Working (WOW) Behaviours, as per Guidelines;
* To manage your time effectively in order to fulfil all operational responsibilities;
Experience / Educational Requirements:
* Qualification in Electrical Engineering.
* Experience of electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanics;
* Experience working within a Rolling Stock Maintenance environment.
* Experience of fault finding on rolling stock using a laptop is preferred but not essential.
* History of work in a process/production environment preferable;
* Working knowledge of Quality and Health & Safety standards and systems preferable;
* Clean driving licence for light vehicles;
* PC skills, including all Microsoft software packages.
Please note that my client operate a strict drugs and alcohol policy