|Job Ref:||204806913||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Humber||Address:||Post Code:||TQ14||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Title: Semi skilled Engineer|
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2016
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Semi-Skilled Engineer to join the UK`s largest Port Operator based in Humber.
ABP is the UK's leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland and Wales. Our ports include Immingham, the UKs busiest port and Southampton, the nation's second largest and Europe's most efficient container port, as well as the UK's number one for cars and cruise. The group's other activities include rail terminal operations (Hams Hall Rail Terminal), ship's agency, dredging (UK Dredging Ltd), and marine consultancy (ABPmer). Each port also offers a well-established community of port service providers.
In 2014 ABP and its customers handled 94.5 million tonnes of cargo. Together with our customers, we support 84,000 jobs and contribute £5.6 billion to the UK economy every year.
ABP is a growing business, and with a vast infrastructure of properties and equipment, which requires high-level maintenance on a daily basis. So our Engineers are vital to keeping us operating round the clock.
The role of the Semi-Skilled Engineer is to work on scheduled maintenance projects and react to daily requirements where needed across the site, working on items such as cranes, conveyors, rail loadout facility and general plant.
• Assist the Engineering Maintenance Supervisors to identify future maintenance requirements, including identifying parts and equipment necessary to complete the works
• Communicate with the Operations and Maintenance departments during maintenance works where required to facilitate the repair and maintenance of plant and equipment with minimal unnecessary interruption to Port Operations
• Organise plant, labour & materials as required to undertake maintenance tasks with minimal wastage
• Carry out all tasks commensurate with your skill set, subject to either appropriate training and or ability to carry out the task
• Ensure maintenance activities are undertaken in a safe, cost effective and timely manner.
Skills and Experience
•Pro-active attitude to Health and Safety, good working knowledge of H&S requirements, and ability and willingness to work to, contribute to & improve RA/SSOW
• Ability and willingness to work a structured working pattern, attending maintenance and breakdown situations in order to carry out all necessary repairs
• Full Clean UK Driving Licence.
•Experience of engineering maintenance within a busy bulk handling environment
•Ability to approach 'Fault Finding' in a methodical manner with a view to safely re-instating plant and equipment in a timely manner
•Experience of working in a pressured environment with a track record of meeting targets in a timely manner.
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment