|Job Ref:||204805956||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Ipswich||Address:||Post Code:||IP4||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum £35000-£45000||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Design Engineer sought by highly successful, global leading manufacturer of niche purpose off road vehicles.|
Degree or equivalent qualified you should be a proficient user of CAD (preferably Siemens NX v7.5 or more recent) and FEA software (ideally Ansys) and be skilled in designing in a variety of materials including, plastics, steels and alloys.
The Design Engineer should have prior experience of working within a multi disciplinary team taking design concepts through to medium volume production to meet challenging specifications and timescales.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Ensuring that all designs meet technical, performance, reliability and cost targets as identified by a Senior Engineer or the Engineering Manager.
• Produce and maintain all drawings, Bill of Material records, outline assembly instructions and Technical Publications consistent with the Engineering Change process and as guided by senior engineering staff.
• Ensure that all designs can be manufactured both efficiently and cost effectively through liaison with Manufacturing staff, incorporating mistake proofing or visual guidelines if miss-builds are possible.
• Utilise best practice reference documents and standard in-house components where at all possible. Liaise with other Engineers and departments when implementing new principles.
• Read, understand and incorporate requirements of standards and directives relevant to the product under development.
• Assist in the development of test regimes to validate design elements of a project.
You will be joining a gifted Design team in a challenging and fulfilling role and will need to be enthusiastic in your approach. Excellent scope for personal development in an expanding global business