|Job Ref:||204805924||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Salary:||£280 - £350/day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
BIM COORDINATOR - CIVIL GOUNDWORKS & CONSTRUCTION / NUCLEAR |
LOCATION: Somerset, UK
SALARY: £(Apply online only)/day
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced BIM Coordinator to join a Top Tier civil contractor on a High Profile Nuclear Energy project based in Somerset. Established over 150 years ago with an annual turnover in excess of £800M this is your opportunity to further develop your career with one of the UK's largest civil construction companies.
This key role will be based on site in Somerset. The ideal candidate will have exposure working on medium/large size commercial build and heavy civil projects in the UK with a contractor or design consultancy.
This will be a challenging career development role that will significantly help further your knowledge of project planning on one of the UKs highest profile construction projects and refine your leadership skills. Due to the nature of the project necessary security clearances will be required.
Reporting to the BIM Manager
* Coordinate and produce TIN surfaces, corridors and other elements to a high level of accuracy using AutoCAD Civil 3D for inclusion in site federated models.
* Knowledge of Navisworks and/or Revit and/or Microstation would also be advantageous though training could be provided to the right person
* In house modelling of the production of a range of temporary works structures including platforms, Berms, haul roads, Bridges, drainage and structural steel for sequencing in the Site BIM model.
* Present your work in 2D general arrangement packages so knowledge of AutoCAD 2D drawing techniques would be required
* Provide guidance and leadership to junior technicians
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
* BTEC ONC/HNC/HND or equivalent in a construction related subject.
* An excellent knowledge of core engineering principles and structural awareness.
* A sound knowledge of computer/IT skills.
* The ability to work independently or as part of a team.
* Excellent communication skills.
For further information or to express your interest in this exciting career opportunity contact me on the details below. Alternatively, if you are looking for a more suitable role within the commercial realm please get in touch for a confidential chat.
Carmichael UK Referral Bonus Scheme - Earn up to £300 for a referral leading to successful placement