|Job Ref:||204805891||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||East Sussex||City:||Brighton||Address:||Post Code:||BN2||Salary:||£38000 - £42000/annum Bupa healthcare, 6% pension and holi||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Supplier Quality Engineer - validations and PPAP|
My client, who are a tier one organisation currently on a five year development plan to deliver a bespoke solution to the defence market is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join their expanding team.
Overview of the Supplier Quality Engineer role
Working in brand new offices, for an experienced manager, the company are aiming to set the benchmark within their sector and need to ensure that suppliers are performing to their maximum capability.
You will play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers to the business and contribute to continuous improvement activities. This role will challenge even the most experienced SQA and will give you autonomy to deal with problems and issues.
Key skills required for the Supplier Quality Engineer
* Knowledge of TS16949 quality management standards
* A sound understanding of ISO14001
* You will be able to use mechanical inspection equipment
* You will have a strong knowledge of APQP, FMEA and PPAP
* Previous experience of metrology, inspection methods and equipment
Key responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer
* Step up and use your previous experience to carry out supplier audits and APQP techniques
* Perform supplier visits to determine root cause analysis and CAPAs of issues
* You will lead the supplier approval process by assessing suppliers capabilities
* Assist with first off samples
* You will promote the use of customer preferred techniques to CI by using techniques such as Six Sigma, Poka-Yoke and PFMEA
* Support the NPI team to ensure that supplier quality meets rigorous standards
The role is based in Brighton and is commutable from Crawley, Eastbourne, Little Hampton, Worthing, Horsham and Chichester.
If you are a Supplier Quality Engineer looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities within Quality and CI please contact Joe Lanigan Smith on (url removed) or phone (Apply online only)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website (url removed)