|Job Ref:||204805346||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Whitstable||Address:||Post Code:||CT5||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
The Background |
The company are looking for a Quality Engineer to support the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, whilst playing an active role in the development of the quality engineering function, supporting customer requirements.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation that are dominating their market place, with huge expansion plans, fantastic training and enviable retention of staff.
As the Quality Engineer you will:
* Interface with Customers to assess and address Customer concerns and complaints
* Conduct value added collaboration on project related documentation, in particular approval of customer requirements, design specifications, technical drawings and specifications, design verification and validation documents plus other project related documentation.
* Take team member and facilitation role in ensuring risk analysis are complete, ensure all product risks are identified using DFMEAs, PFMEAs, APQP and Capability Studies and other risk management techniques
* Work with suppliers to improve performance by implementing improvement plans and process
* Perform customer/supplier QMS audits and supports customer/supplier quality improvements
* Interact with Purchasing, Engineering and Manufacturing suppliers to improve quality of processes
* Develop, assure, maintain and audit the quality of products and processes which can include standard procedures (e.g., ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14000 family of standards), quality audits/review
* Ability to audit against ISO89001 and AS9100
To be successful in the role of Quality Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
* HNC or equivalent level qualification, or a City and Guilds, in Engineering or Quality
* Working within a QA Engineer role
* Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
* Excellent knowledge of Quality Systems
* Internal Auditing to ISO9001 or AS9100
* Supplier Quality requirements, including managing customer accounts, process improvement techniques, maintaining records, and conducting investigations into Quality problems whilst carrying out corrective actions and implementing robust countermeasures
* Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings
* Quality tools, including FMEA, 8D, Controls Plans, APQP/PPAP, Gauge R&R, etc
* PC literacy, including the Microsoft Office packages
In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £35,000 and an industry leading benefits package.
To apply for the position of Quality Engineer, please send your CV to Gabrielle Beaver via the 'apply now' button.
***PLEASE NOTE: The closing date for applications is 21/10/16 ***
View our latest jobs today on our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
JAM Recruitment is acting as an employment business with regards to this position