|Job Ref:||204805297||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity working within a small, busy family run business.|
My client is looking for a loyal ,hardworking Design Engineer to join the family.
Job Description/Key Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will:
* design complex systems and devices using Autodesk Inventor CAD software
* work closely with all members of our Hardware Team, particularly the Mechanical Engineers, to develop design solutions
* follow the companies engineering processes to ensure quality is designed into all products, identify opportunities for process improvements and drive these improvements through the business
* produce, control and maintain all required design documentation, including:
* Family Trees
* General Assembly Drawings
* Detail Drawings
* Bills of Material
* be responsible for releasing parts for purchasing on a timely basis
* lead and/or participate in design reviews
* liaise with people in the wider business as required to gain a thorough understanding of the design requirements
* ensure an effective hand-over of product designs to the Manufacturing Group to deliver a successful production release
* identify and promote new technologies to improve the quality and competitiveness of company products
* provide design advice and support to the build and commissioning teams during product build and test
* The minimum qualification for this position is an HNC/HND in mechanical or production engineering. However, we would be particularly interested to hear from applicants with a degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Proven experience of small scale robotics, materials handling and mechanism design
* A natural problem solving ability applied to the creation of practical solutions
* Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
* A creative and inquisitive approach to the design process
* An analytical thinker
* An understanding of the processes involved with the design of systems that include pneumatics, sensors, fluid handling and electro-mechanical control devices
* A completer/finisher approach to the design process
* Proficient in the use of a recognised CAD design package (cross-over training is available for suitable candidates who have not used Autodesk Inventor)
* An understanding of machining processes
* An understanding of the processes required to design high value products for low/medium volume manufacture
* An understanding of the implications of designing systems that use consumable labware
* Knowledge of the design processes used for injection moulded components
* Experience of taking designs from prototype through to established manufactured products
* Design of components suitable for Additive Manufacturing processes
* An understanding of the application of FMEA and DFMA processes
* Proficiency in the use of Autodesk Inventor Modelling Software including use of Autodesk Vault.
* Use of ERP systems to generate Bills of Materials.
* An understanding of electrical design, control systems and software development
* Experience of designing laboratory instruments for the bio-pharma or similar industry
If you think this is a job for you then please send your up to date CV and i will be in touch to arrange an interview.
Yoh Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy