|Job Ref:||204804683||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £42000/annum Pension + Car + Bonus||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Lead Gas Supervisor|
Alecto Recruitment are currently representing a well established and reputable Building Services Provider based in Walthamstow, now in the market for a Lead Domestic Gas Supervisor to manage and ongoing permanent contract in the Walthamstow area.
This family run and privately owned business are an industry leading client, who operate both Building Services and Facilities Maintenance divisions throughout the London and South East areas.
Within these divisions, the company provide complete mechanical service installations comprising heating, water services, ventilation, drainage, electricity solutions and renewable , as well as planned preventative and reactive maintenance for a complete range of housing services. These include; lifts, fire and security alarms, emergency lighting, water hygiene, renewable technologies and much more, for both private, Local Authority and Housing Association owned / managed tenanted housing.
As Lead Gas Supervisor, you will be responsible for the day to day supervision of the delivery of gas service, repair and maintenance to an agreed programme, budget, quality within the company's operational targets.
Responsible for a team of 20 domestic gas engineers and a junior supervisor on your contract, day to day duties will include:
* Supervising all aspects of the gas service, maintenance and repairs contracts under your control.
* To direct engineers, organise and control the provision of consistent, high quality and customer focussed services to ensure the achievement of the company's strategic objectives
* To undertake robust inspections of properties to ensure that the service, maintenance and service programmes for domestic heating systems is adhered to and liaise closely with the Gas Service Manager to ensure that performance and quality targets are being met.
* To Ensure effective and efficient supervision of Gas Supervisors and Engineers and to monitor engineer staff resources
* To supervise a team of engineers undertaking servicing, repairs and maintenance in diagnosing faults, fitting parts and completing repairs
To be considered for this position, you must have proven supervisory or management experience within a similar role, with easy access links to the Walthamstow/London area on a day to day basis.
Due to the seniority of this position, you will also be asked to provide evidence in the experience of the following:
* Managing all on site labour and performing risk assessments
* Experience in l negotiation with clients, customers and sub-contractors
* Managerial experience at Supervisor/Management level
* Knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work act
* Ideally educated to HND level and demonstrate a career with continuous personal development within the gas industry
* The ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, negotiation and persuasion skills, including the ability to weigh up and articulate the risk and benefit of various scenarios and propose effective resolutions
* To be able to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
* Full clean driving licence
* Full domestic Gas Qualifications - ACS qualified
* £40,000 per annum
* company vehicle
* fuel cards,
* pension scheme,
* Death in service (4 x Salary).
If you believe you can fulfil this position then do not hesitate to apply today.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Jason Fogaty, Alecto Recruitment. or call (Apply online only) in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at (url removed) or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit