|Job Ref:||204804460||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Salary:||£40000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Komplete Group is looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor, who will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety on a range of contracts.|
* Manage the commercial resources (finance) of the assigned project (or section) to maximise planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts.
* Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data.
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement policies for risk management.
* Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
* Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
* Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
* Implement all policies including those for SHE and risk management.
Holds the relevant qualifications Degree
Experience within a similar role
Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
Excellent Communication skills both written and verbally
Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Komplete Recruitment boasts over 40 years of engineering recruitment expertise and operates within a variety of industries including Rail, Construction, Civil Engineering, Built Environment, Automotive and General Engineering