|Job Ref:||204804431||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum Plus car allowance||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
I am currently working with a client, a Civil & Structural Engineering Consultancy who are seeking an experienced Senior Civil & Structural Engineer to work within their Land Development team in their office based in Birmingham, |
The ideal candidate will have a background in civil, structural and/or infrastructure design with strong communication and problem solving skills. This exciting opportunity will involve managing the delivery of infrastructure and building projects from planning stage through to construction.
The successful candidate should have strong organisational and communication skills, and take a practical approach to problem solving. Ideally they should have at least 10 years' wide ranging post-graduate experience in a relevant position. Chartered status or working towards Chartered status would be an advantage.
My client are not looking for a specialist in one particular engineering discipline. A good broad appreciation and a wide variety of experience is preferred, together with the ability to draw on the knowledge of specialists within the company where required.
Working in conjunction with their specialist design teams you will co-ordinate the delivery of civil and structural engineering designs including highways/earthworks drainage and building solutions.
You will manage the production of design information for planning, technical approval and tender documents. You will also be responsible for monitoring the works on site to ensure that build contractors meet the client requirements.
Ideally applicants should have at least a higher education qualification in Civil Engineering or similar.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Input to site masterplanning and development phasing.
• Production and co-ordination of high level Infrastructure designs
• Production of tender Specifications and drawings.
• Review of contractor design information
• Site monitoring and compliance reporting
• Management of multiple projects
• Delivering own projects whilst assisting others members of the team
• Sharing knowledge across the organisation
• Attend recommended training courses to assist with personal development as required by the company.
• Comply with company Health and Safety standards at all times
• Other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the position.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to have a varied and interesting workload, and to develop skills that will give them a rewarding career throughout their working life