|Job Ref:||204804319||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Glamorgan||City:||Cardiff||Address:||Salary:||£0 - £35000/annum Excellent benefits and first-rate on-sit||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Excellent opportunity to join an IT Technical Response Team for a prestigious insurance company based in the heart of Cardiff. |
Providing technical support to the operational environment by responding to and attempting to resolve application and hardware alerts in a timely and efficient manner; resolving escalated Incidents as well as completing, Service Requests and many other pieces of work, intended to improve the supported infrastructure.
The role holder will be technically proficient across a broad range of systems and will share the responsibility for the availability of them, by ensuring that adequate monitoring and alerting of both new and existing applications and hardware exists and is responded to in a timely manner. They will be required to work closely with other teams within IT, the business as well as a number of external 3rd parties.
The role holder will be required to undertake fault rectification and escalation to 3rd parties as well as testing, configuration and small scale installation and upgrade activities, all in accordance with the department`s Change Control process (CAB). 'Problem Management` and 'Continuous Service Improvement` are also key activities of the team; the ability to create and maintain clear and accurate procedural documentation is also essential.
The role may require minimal travel to other offices and an opportunity to support the IT On Call function, after an appropriate period of employment has been completed, may also be offered.
Other duties will include providing coaching, training and general support to less experienced members of IT and liaising with other departments within the business to ensure that their IT needs are met, particularly with respect to monitoring and alerting.
Experience and qualifications:
Role holders should be able to demonstrate a significant level of experience and expertise across as many of the following areas as possible:
- Windows technologies: AD/Exchange/SQL/Server and Client software
- LINUX Red Hat/Microsoft 2K8, 2K12
- Platform applications: Avaya (Blue & Red - voice and data)/Intel/VMware
- Storage - Lenovo/IBM V7000 and Flex Administration including Director, Flex Manager, XClarity
- Application Servers - JBOSS, Apache, Websphere and Tomcat
- Bluecoat, Palo Alto, F5, Firewall configuration and administration
- Monitoring and Alerting tools - What`s Up? Gold, PRTG, App Dynamics, Manage Engine
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, an ability to prioritise work and a desire to learn and adapt to changes to the technical environment
- Flexible approach to work in terms of out of hours activity being required at times
Excellent benefits and on-site facilities