|Job Ref:||204804171||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Enfield||Address:||Post Code:||EN1||Salary:||£28000 - £30000/annum Bonus + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:01|
Salary: Up to £30,000 DOE + Bonus & Benefits
Our client is a world class manufacturer, based in Enfield, Middlesex, currently seeking to recruit a Production Controller to work at their busy plant. The emphasis for the successful candidate is on excellent Team Leader/Supervisory Skills within a heavy manufacturing environment. Applications are invited from production controllers / expeditors / production planners who have worked in high volume, process driven environments (i.e. chemical, food, agro-chemical, automotive, pharmaceutical, refining, or similar).
The purpose of this role is to drive supply chain business improvements whilst delivering excellent customer service and reducing the materials inventory.
This role covers a full range of activities, including:
* Maintain effective supply chain administration, including ordering materials and managing intake of stock material into production cycle
* Managing flow of materials throughout the plant, including the development of production plans, production scheduling processes, and controlling queues
* Build and maintain effective working relationships with Engineering and Manufacturing teams on site.
* Manage the collection, analysis and reporting of departmental data in relation to KPIs, including presenting at weekly meetings
* Work closely with Customer Service team to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met through strong communication, job tracking and relay of information.
* Manage inventory, including analysing material movement patterns and developing action plans to reduce inventory
* Support LEAN implementation and use of LEAN tools to deliver efficiencies
* Ensure compliance to Health & Safety
This is a challenging role; the successful applicant will be flexible, determined and self-motivated, with experience of working in an industrial processing environment. A fork-lift licence will be of great benefit.
Regular liaison with Supply Chain, Maintenance, Production Management, Customer Services and other internal departments means good communication and people skills are essential. Previous experience of chemical or metal processing would be an advantage, as would a technical qualification in an engineering related discipline, (i.e. mechanical, chemical, etc.).
When applying for this role, please indicate your current salary (plus benefits package), minimum salary required, notice period and your reasons for wishing to move from your current company. Alliance Consulting is acting as an employment agency in this respect. Alliance Consulting specialise in the placement of engineers throughout the UK. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database and/or in manual files for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us submitting your CV to our client. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us. Equally, if there are any companies that you do not wish your CV to be sent to (for whatever reason), then please let us know of this when you apply