|Job Ref:||204807728||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum Bupa, pension, Ipad, Phone, O/T||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
A industry leading Fire & Security provider based in Kent is looking for a Fire Alarm Small Works Engineer.|
• Installation and commissioning of small, and medium scale projects for both addressable, and non-addressable systems
• Commissioning will involve various manufacturers across both fire/security systems
• The role will require reviewing specifications, associated drawings, documents and equipment to plan and ensure a smooth delivery of works carried out
• Deliver an exceptional customer experience by providing an exemplary high standard of personal customer service
• Ability to solve problems whilst building customer relationships
• To identify and survey any sales opportunities from which you can earn personal reward.
• Undertake General administration relevant to your position including completing engineer's reports, timesheets and expenses in by required deadlines
• Attend pre booked appointments at times specified.
• Assist with other departments when required, for example assist with callouts as necessary from by the service desk
• Inform the office immediately of any major system failures or site problems
• Attend site in a professional and presentable manner and clean up any rubbish/debris following completion of your works.
• Advanced level of experience working with Fire Alarm Systems
• FIA course 1, 2/3 and 6
• Sound knowledge on Kentec, Advanced and Morley systems. Ziton and Notifier would be advantageous.
• Be able to update and maintain graphical user interfaces
• Complete commissioning of systems, Including witness testing and client demonstration / training •
• Experience of working within commissioning teams, able to plan ahead and communicate well with the team, suppliers and customers.
• Knowledge of carrying out both installation, and commissioning
• Carrying out logical and accurate Fault finding and diagnostics
• Be able to produce suitable reports for issue to the client
• Understand the configuration programing to be able to comply with the commissioning strategy and methodology of systems being worked on
• A good understanding of installation/electrical procedures and principles related to the fire and security industry.
• Supervise electrical installers to support the Small Works team
• Ability to work unsupervised or as a team member
• Adaptability to readily take on new challenges
• Good communication skills with co-workers and clients
• A career minded, enthusiastic candidate who understands and can thrive in a busy business environment
• Excellent organisational skills
• Flexibility to act at short notice to deal with a variety of items requiring action
• Keen to learn new skills
An amazing job opportunity to join a very well established BAFE accredited company with on-going career development.
The basic salary is £30-£32k basic plus Bupa, pension, vehicle, uniform, 28 days holiday, Ipad, smart phone.
Please apply to Becky Ryan at Security Fire Recruitment ASAP