|Job Ref:||204803823||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tipton||Address:||Salary:||£41141 - £51418/annum £41,141 - £51,418 per annum DOE||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
A leading and National Electricity Distribution Operator based in Tipton is seeking a Protection Design Engineer to join its expanding team. The Protection Design Engineer will receive ongoing training and development, a competitive starting salary with annual increases and a host of personal company benefits such as increased holiday entitlement (25 days plus bank holidays) free parking and a generous pension.|
The company`s electricity network covers some of the most beautiful and diverse terrain in the UK (rural and urban). As a company, it recognises the responsibility to operate in a way that minimises the impact on the environment and strive for new innovations and technologies to facilitate a sustainable low carbon future.
As the Protection Design Engineer your duties will include:
- Assessments and design for new load connections and generator connections.
- Assessment of EHV network for compliance with the distribution licence.
- Provision of connection offers.
- Designing of protection schemes and provision of protection settings and configuration files.
- Carrying out both steady state and transient network analysis, analyse reinforcement plans as well as manage projects simultaneously.
To be a successful Protection Design Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
- A clear knowledge of the issues and principles associated with the EHV Network design and protection philosophy.
- Familiarity with network analysis tools including IPSA, PSSE, DigSilent PowerFactory, for example.
- Previously worked for a DNO, IDNO or consultancy as an Electrical Engineer, Project Engineer or Design Engineer.
In return, the Protection Design Engineer will receive a salary of £41,141 - £51,418 per annum depending on experience.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.