|Job Ref:||204803443||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Huddersfield||Address:||Post Code:||HD1||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Mechanical Design Engineer|
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Our client is an independent, technology lead engineering company based in rural West Yorkshire with over 50 years' experience in design and manufacture of precision instrumentation assemblies and components to a wide variety of specialist markets including Space, Aerospace, Scientific Instrument, Optical and Medical.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join a growing engineering team, to help with the design, analysis and development processes, with the opportunity to lead projects from concept to production. The role may include travel to support key customer accounts and activities.
Applicants should have a solid theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering, underpinned by a degree level qualification, and experience of applying this knowledge to real engineering problems.
Candidates should be confident with topics such as mechanics, materials, structures, stress theory and dynamics. Supplementary skills in mechatronics, motors, control, servos and electronics would be an advantage in support of the business. Experience in drafting, tolerance analysis and geometric tolerancing is essential, as is an eye for detail. CAD skills are essential, preferably in SolidWorks, although conversion training from other software would be available if required. Design for manufacture in a batch manufacturing environment would also be advantageous.
As part of a dynamic team, the Mechanical Engineer's day to day activities provide variety with scope for responsibility, and typically include:
• Creating mechanical engineering design concepts and presenting to customers.
• Project leadership, task management and delegation, budget management, technical decision making and reporting are essential skills.
• Engineering calculations and analysis over a number of disciplines, including geared mechanisms.
• Preparation of detailed engineering drawings and design documentation etc.
• Interpretation of customer drawings and design for manufacture activities.
• Liaison with production engineering and prototype manufacture teams.
• Working with assembly and test personnel to validate designs.
• Peer reviews and design checking activities.
• Research and development projects, on both products and processes.
• Customer presentations, proposals, technical reports, technical negotiation and design reviews.
• Supporting sales and publicity teams on a technical basis.
Chartered Engineer status with the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (or equivalent) would be expected in this role, although the client will support the successful candidate with this objective if the candidate has not already achieved this.
If you are Interested in joining this highly successful, independently owned, British manufacturing group, then please forward your CV with covering letter quoting reference number LH0282 to our retained consultants Lighthouse Search & Selection Ltd via the apply button