|Job Ref:||204803060||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Milton Keynes||Address:||Post Code:||MK9||Salary:||£16000 - £16952/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 03:02|
Job Title |
Press Shop Team Member
Press Shop Team Leader
To produce agreed levels of quality product, through the successful set up and operation of varying Presses and steel forming equipment, while adhering and positively contributing to health and safety policies and procedures.
Key Working Relationships
PS Team - Raw Materials - Rolling Mill - Welding - Operations Team
• Set, operate and troubleshoot the Press Shop work centres through technical knowledge and competence.
• Load materials to the beginning of the line process.
• Operate the work centre. Start and restart the equipment from set position.
• Input data into the PC - works orders and part specifications to ensure correct set up for manufacture.
• Set the work centre for each product produced.
• Fault find on daily generic issues, escalating complex faults to the Team Leader.
• Inspection of production first offs to ensure rejects are not passed on through the process.
• Work to the Works Order due dates and production programs.
• Produce quality product, at the agreed output rates, within drawing stated tolerances, thus avoiding unnecessary scrap.
• To produce product to quantity and sizes stipulated on the Works Order/Route cards.
• To operate all machine controls, which are a combination of mechanical, push button and computer key/touch pads.
• Undertake programming of length and punch setting via an integral computer.
• Complete, in a timely, accurate, manner the following daily documentation: Daily Activity Reports, guard check documentation, quality control report, route cards and continuous improvement.
• Perform the function of coil handling for press shop team.
• Ensure scrap is recorded and segregated in line with procedures.
• To participate in Team Based Maintenance plus general maintenance and housekeeping of the equipment and area.
Skills & Experience
• Experience of working with metal forming techniques essential.
• Understanding of mechanical production equipment.
• Be able to use accurately: tape measure, micrometer, verniers and other go/no-go gauges.
• Proven fault finding skills.
• Competence to accurately read and interpret drawings and setting data.
• Mechanical engineering background desirable.
• Experience of press shop equipment, including Brake Press, Hydraulic Press, Guillotines, drilling equipment.
• Experience in using a FLT is desirable.
• Power Press and Slinging/Crane Certificates desired, but training would be given if required